What gas certificates do you need as a landlord?

condensing boiler explained

As a landlord, you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all the gas appliances in their rented properties are safe. This means having them regularly inspected and serviced by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.

The main gas safety certificate that landlords need to be aware of is the CP12. This is a certificate of gas safety inspection that is issued by a Gas Safe registered engineer after they have inspected all of the various gas equipment, appliances and flues in a property to ensure that they are safe and working correctly.

CP12 certificates must be renewed annually, and you must provide a copy to your tenants within 28 days of the check being carried out. You should also keep a copy of the CP12 certificate for at least two years after the check has been carried out.

In addition to CP12 certificates, you may also need to obtain other gas safety certificates, depending on the type of appliances ( gas) that you have in your rented properties. For example, if you have a gas-fired boiler, you will also need to obtain a boiler service certificate every year.

Get in touch today and receive an online estimate!

What is the Landlord Gas Safety Certificate: A Comprehensive Guide? | MML Plumbing Ltd

The Landlord Gas Safety Certificate, also known as a Landlord Gas Safety Record, is a crucial document that landlords in the United Kingdom are legally required to obtain for rented properties with appliances ( gas). MML Plumbing Ltd, a reputable plumbing service provider, likely offers services related to the Landlord Gas Safety Certificate. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you understand this essential certificate:

Responsibility of Landlords:

Landlords are responsible for ensuring that gas safety checks are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer every 12 months or whenever a new tenant moves in. This safety check ensures that gas appliances are safe for use.

gas safety certificate

Key Components of the Certificate:

The Gas Safety Certificate includes details such as the landlord’s name and address, the address of the rented property, details of the engineer conducting the check, a list of gas appliances and flues checked, any safety issues identified, and confirmation of a pass or fail.

Gas Safe Registered Engineers:

Only Gas engineers are qualified to carry out gas safety checks and issue the certificate. MML Plumbing Ltd, being a reputable plumbing company, likely employ engineers who can perform these annual gas safety checks professionally and competently.

Tenant’s Rights:

Landlords are required by law to have an annual gas safety check and provide a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate to their tenants within 28 days of the check. New tenants should receive it before moving in.

Penalties for Non-compliance:

Failure to comply with gas safety regulations can result in severe penalties, including fines and imprisonment. Landlords need to prioritize their gas safety requirements to protect their tenants and themselves legally.

You can find more information about gas safety certificates on the Gas Safe Register website.


Why is it important to have your gas appliances regularly inspected and serviced?

There are several reasons why it is important to have your gas appliances regularly inspected and serviced by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.

Safety: Gas appliances can be dangerous if they are not properly maintained. A regular inspection and service will help identify any potential problems early on before they can cause an accident.

Efficiency: Gas appliances and gas systems that are not properly maintained can be less efficient, which means that your tenants will have to pay higher bills. A regular inspection and service will help to ensure that your gas appliances are running as efficiently as possible.

Lifespan: Regular inspection and servicing can help extend the lifespan of your gas appliances, which can save you money in the long run.

How to find a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer

You can find a qualified Gas Safe registered gas safe engineer in your area by visiting the Gas Safe Register website.

When choosing a Gas Safe registered engineer, it is important to make sure that they are qualified to work on the type of gas appliances that you have in your rental properties. You should also check that they have a good reputation and that they are fully insured.

Reliable Service in North London

MML Plumbing Ltd: Your trusted partner for gas safety

MML Plumbing Ltd is a Gas Safe registered company that offers a wide range of gas safety services, including CP12 inspections and boiler servicing. We have a team of experienced and qualified engineers who can help to ensure that your gas appliances are safe and running efficiently.

If you are a landlord and you need your gas appliances inspected or serviced, please contact MML Plumbing today. We offer competitive prices and a fast and efficient service.

Frequently Asked Questions

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!
Scroll to Top
× How can I help you?