LOOKING FOR A PLUMBER OR GAS ENGINEER IN NORTH LONDON?
DO YOU NEED TO REPLACE YOUR CURRENT GAS HOB IN NORTH LONDON?
Then you have come to the right place, we have all the information you need! Give us a call 020 8355 0840 for a fast, thorough replacement where we remove your old gas hob and replace it with your new one. If you want to move your appliance to a different location, we can run a new gas pipe that meets the current gas regulations. Our services are handled entirely for you, we don’t need you to do anything through the installation.
Are you planning to buy a new gas hob? Our engineers can give you advice on what to buy before a new installation. All new hobs need to have a flame failure device.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO INSTALL A GAS HOB?
Our thoroughly equipped gas engineers in North London will have your new gas hob installed and available to use within few hours. The hob installation will cost you just £110, which includes the labour and pipework up to 2 meters. The hob itself is an additional charge.
We’re Gas Safe registered & certified. This means that you and your family can rest assured with the knowledge that our experts performed the highest service.
We will do a gas leak investigation before and after the installation is done.
Do not forget, our prices are affordable, and upfront. When you install a new gas hob, you always get a fixed price.
HERE IS WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU, OTHER THAN FRIENDLY PRICES!
We always strive to finish the gas hob installation service and not have any issues. We deliver quality for our customers, we have zero tolerance for mistakes.
OUR TEAM WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR HOME! TO YOUR GAS SERVICES:
- To ensure a smooth, easy-going gas hob appliance installation for you, we will make sure to reach out to you before installation day.
- We will make sure everything will go as planned in your home. We will gladly remove your old unit, and install a new appliance at an affordable price within few hours!
- When we install a gas appliance in a customer’s home in North London, we always make sure to test the gas connection before and after the installation. We also check the operation of your new gas hob.
QUESTIONS ALWAYS OCCUR!
If you’ve got any questions, we’ll talk you through everything about our services on our pre-installation phone call.
CLEARANCES AROUND THE APPLIANCE
- The current “Hot Zone” in your home must be clear of any switches and any inflammable objects, such as heating pads, wallpaper and cupboards. There must be a break that is a minimum of 75 cm separating the hob and the cooker hood or ceiling. When we place our follow-up call, we will inquire about your zone over the phone. Please note it is mandatory to always keep clear the hot zone. If this is is not free, we still can install your hob until is safe, we just have to mention for you what needs to be changed in the future.
- Just like with all gas appliances (in the case of the hob), the kitchen must have direct ventilation to an outside area. Our gas engineer will check the kitchen size and advise you if you need any extra ventilation. In 99% of the homes, the minimum ventilation requirement is correct. Contact us if you need more information about what this means, we’ll be happy to discuss it with you!
- Can we have access to the gas meter? Please make sure we have clear access to the gas meter so we can do our mandatory gas testing.
GETTING READY FOR THE INSTALLATION
Before we start the installation we inspect a few requirements:
- We check the pipework condition and carry out a gas tightness inspection.
- We verify the hob width. Luckily most hobs have a standard size so it will be the right fit for a replacement. That being said, most customers may have to select a hob with a width suitable for the spot where the hob will be placed.
- We check the hot zones and ventilation requirements.
- We install the appliance up to the newest building regulations.
- We check and commission the appliance safety functions and electrical connections.
- And the final step will be the gas tightness test and safety function check again.
Planning to replace your gas hob? Give us a call at 020 8355 0840 and book your installer today.
OUR LATEST REVIEWS
1.Can I install a gas hob myself?
Regulation (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998:
No. You have to be gas safe registered engineer to work on any gas appliance. Bear in mind you need the right tools to carry out a gas tightness test. For your safety is not worth the risk to do a DIY on a gas appliance!
It is not just by the law, but also your own and your family’s safety.
Our engineers are certified & competent and safe to work on gas appliances. With us you can be sure, you are in the best hands.
2.How much does it cost to install a gas hob?
With us, it cost you just £110. (includes pipes up to 2 metres)
Plus the cost of your new hob which you can order from anywhere. We can supply the gas hob or you can buy it yourself.
3.Does a gas hob need an isolator?
Yes. It is mandatory to have an isolator switch close to the appliance. The reason is that the appliance can be safely isolated in an event of emergency or maintenance.
4.Does a gas hob need an isolation valve?
Yes, the installer needs to fit a separate insolation valve for the appliance in case of emergency or maintenance.
5.How long does it take to install a gas hob?
Gas hobs are straightforward. The installation will differ in every home. But on average we can finish within 2 hours. The whole procedure can take more if we have to change some pipework or cut the worktop.
Can I remove a gas hob myself?
The answer is NO. Some people try to do themself, but you have to know how to isolate the gas and how to get rid of the escaped gas from the pipe!
6.Can you uninstall my electric hob and then install my new gas hob?
Yes, we can help you with that. We can disconnect your old appliance and install the new gas hob.
7.Can you cut my worktop to install my new hob?
Yes. If you want a new installation, we can cut the kitchen worktop for you. If the worktop is already been cut but is small, we can cut more from the sides so we can fit the appliance.
8.Do I need a certificate for a gas hob?
Unlike the gas boiler, it is not mandatory to register your gas hob (unless it is a new installation in a different room). We will give you a certificate upon request. We also make sure all the mandatory checks will be carried out.
AREAS WE COVER IN NORTH LONDON
POSTCODES WE COVER